Master Of The Strat - Ritchie Blackmore

A messageboard for fans of the lord of the six strings, Ritchie Blackmore

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Accomplishing the Blackmore Stratocaster

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Accomplishing the Blackmore Stratocaster   Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:11 pm

I now there's a lot of people who want to have their Stratocasters modified just like Ritchie's Strat(s). As there are so many different Strats Richie has used with different equipment and I know different people are searching for the sound of a certain era I think there's a demand for this kind of discussion. The late Rainbow (1995 - 1997) sound is the one I'm trying to accomplish!

Finally I've decided to modify my Fender 70's reissue Stratocaster as close as I can get it to be like the one Ritchie used during that time. Going for the rosewood neck and getting it scalloped, Lace Sensors and of course a dummy middle pickup, Sperzel tuners, Graptech saddle...

I've seen many people accomplish their dream guitars, this thread is meant for the Blackmore Strat equipment talk!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://blackmorestrat.forumotion.com
joebonni

PostSubject: Re: Accomplishing the Blackmore Stratocaster   Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:55 pm

yeah its kinda trippy but when i got the mij blackmore strat i was very dissapointed it was very not right but i was not looking for ritchie's sound over the years i have made these adjustments to my playing.........

1. guitar pick in 1977 my guitar teacher was sick of me dropping my pick all the time so he went down stairs and got me a dunlop pick shaped like ritchie's i did not know that at the time but he cured my problem so i bought a ton of them around 1996 i got down to two left and they dont make them anymore so i tried everything by this time i knew ritchie used them so i tried other picks and i hated them all but the internet had some now i have a fresh supply amen to that................

2. i hated tone controls and they always move my dad worked for RCA and said let me fix it i said ok and dissconnected the tone controls and i was happy again then i come to dawks forum and its the MTC and i looked around and did some things my self and got a great tone control out of my own building that made everyone go crazy wow created a new forum out of this find........................hahahahahhah but its nice and i wire it diff i am not really looking for ritchie but there is a nice quite tone he gets that i want but with my sound..........

3. i dont like the middle pickup and dont like lowering it thats stupid in my eyes but you can have it so in like 1980 i saw in guitar player a guy that made pickguards and i called him can you make strat with 2 pu's he said sure thing it was 25 dollars extra happy and one of them i sold that guitar had two pu's one volume in the correct place and the switch in the correct place so no tones and middle pickup that was a great guitar might do that again................................

4. i always liked treble boosters range master is the best after buying and making several diff versions of the hornby skewes i am not very crazy about them but BSM makes a great mk2 jfet model that is very cool.............i like the tape recorder preamp better but i am getting a mk2 before christmas and if its what i remember i stop there i will have the mk2 and the range master i built and thats it enough...........................

5. lace golds wow i love everyone in calif hates them and i would get them for free as they removed them so i put them in the first time years ago and wow its the real deal i loved them nice overdrive and everything...............

6. scallop fingerboard ok i hated ritchie version and i dont like the yngwie version so i had this in mind and did it myself slight scallop to medium and medium jumbo frets and it was perfect i dont like the railroad tracks they put on the yngwie and warmoth versions they suck but it has to be magical or its no good...............................

7. the rest you can have marshall majors and the rest i love good tone but has to be me or i dont want it...................................

joe bonni
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Accomplishing the Blackmore Stratocaster   Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:21 am

Hey thanks for sharing us your story and welcome to the forum!

Where did you manage to find a new supply of those picks? I've been looking for them for a quite a long time now.
Back to top Go down
joebonni

PostSubject: Re: Accomplishing the Blackmore Stratocaster   Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:43 am

get good stuff and lace's are great or should i say the best out there wow..........warmoth offers really good stuff i think better then fender at some point esp the necks.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joebonni

PostSubject: Re: Accomplishing the Blackmore Stratocaster   Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:44 am

two options i got mine on ebay but that supply is exusted and now bernd is the source BSM so its getting harder and i was not saying anything cause i wanted them all .......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Accomplishing the Blackmore Stratocaster   Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:13 am

Yeah I'll surely get Lace's.. I like the sound beause it's very clear but at sametime very powerful. One thing I like the most when talking about Ritchie's playing is that he has always developed his sound during the years and it has always become a little more clearer and of course when talking about his technique he has always tried and succeeded in trying to create something new, that's what I love about Ritchie

Well have to look at Ebay then, but for now the main thing is still the neck. Just gotta save some money for it.

Looks like so far it's only me and you here

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
joebonni

PostSubject: Re: Accomplishing the Blackmore Stratocaster   Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:07 am

yeah if you goto ebay like now you can find those picks its under homeplate guitar picks i suggest that you get the blue ones or the purple ones they are the hardest i got the black ones they are the hardest but blue and purple are about the same so check it fast they go quick

joe bonni
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Accomplishing the Blackmore Stratocaster   Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:31 pm

What about the MTC or RBTC? Have you got any experience about either one?
Back to top Go down
joebonni

PostSubject: Re: Accomplishing the Blackmore Stratocaster   Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:19 pm

yeah i have i just posted that i dont care for the MTC its really not for me but i use the Torres Midrange Cut with my personal mods so that its bassier ................it gives a nice sound around 0 to 3.5 but thats why i modded it to get the full range...............

joe bonni
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accomplishing the Blackmore Stratocaster   

Back to top Go down

Accomplishing the Blackmore Stratocaster
Page 1 of 1